VILLAGE OF WEST WINFIELD
The Village of West Winfield is in southern Oneida county in the Town of Winfield. The UC&SV Route crosses the Village at South Street just south of Route 20. A short distance to the east is an additional parcel of land owned by the LLC which once served as a gravel bed used by the Lackawanna railroad to mine gravel to improve the roadbed. The gravel bed was purchased by the Lackawanna in 1884 and presents an opportunity today for trail use as a nature habitat resource.
To the west of the Village is a bridge at mp 280.71 which crosses the mill race stream used during the turn of the century by area industries. Another bridge further west on the trail at mp 280.51 spans the Unadilla river.
The UC&SV Route trail in the Village of West Winfield towards the gravel bed site.
Looking east on the trail in the Village.
The mill race stream bridge.
West Winfield Station- This undated photograph shows the new Station in the Village of West Winfield.
The original UC&SV Station at West Winfield- The photograph is from 1876 and shows a more distant view of the station and yard tracks in the Village. The original station pictured here was converted into a freight house for the new station.
The Village of West Winfield and its business district in 1919.